I love sharing healthy recipes on the BBC radio Gloucestershire. Here is the recipe for ‘life changing bread’.
Eating bread and cake may sound like a great way to help cope with weight loss and balancing hormones. I call it cake as it can be made sweet or savoury – but I guess it is more like a bread then a cake. This has been modified from the original HRT cake recipe inspired by menopause expert Abbie James. We run workshops together and this is always a winner at retreat days. It is not only beneficial for menopausal women. It is a great recipe for the entire family.
This cake is very special and is low glycaemic, low is sugar and packed with calcium and magnesium. It can be made grain free, dairy free, sugar free and vegan friendly.
A slice a day is fantastic for all areas of your health. You can also switch out any ingredients you don’t have. The version I made for Dom on the BBC radio had coconut flour instead of wholewheat and it works just as well.
It freezes well too.
Batch cook several loaves and freeze so you have it handy when you run out.
(makes 2 loaf tins)
- 2 ¼ cups wholewheat/buckwheat/rice or other flour
- 2 pieces stem ginger, chopped
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 ½ cups porridge oats
- Approx 1 litre soy/rice/almond/oat/hemp milk (1 carton)
- ¾ cup linseeds/flaxseeds (ground)
- 1 tablespoon malt extract (or honey)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced
- Grease and line 2 small loaf tins
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add milk and malt extract – mix well and leave to soak for 30 minutes. If the mixture becomes too stiff add a little more milk.
- Spoon into tins and level the mixture
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes until golden and cooked through
- Cool on wire Slice when cool – will keep for 5 days in fridge in a sealed bag. Freeze for 2 months
Eat a slice a day xx
What are your health goals?
- Overcome allergies
- Lose weight
- Sleep better
- Improve your skin
- Heal your gut
- Stop the bloat
- Master your metabolism
Get help to achieve your goals with the Transform Me package. Let me help you get the results you want. Book an appointment with Trish here https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=16919664
You will get 3 coaching sessions, juicing recipe book, meal plans, juice detox program, parasite cleanse, food mood poop diary and access to the VIP coaching facebook group.
Start now and email email@example.com
How improving your gut health can help reduce menopause symptoms. To book a consultation with Trish Tucker May, Nutritionist of the Year click https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=16919664
Focusing on your digestion and gut health is paramount to creating lasting health and hormonal balance. When your organs are functioning well, your menopause symptoms will be less. The liver and the digestive organs need to be in good shape to avoid inflammation, irritability and hot flushes.
Nowadays, the gastrointestinal tract is sadly neglected, impacting how we feel, how well we sleep and how good we feel about ourselves.
As a nutritionist, I’ve seen some of the symptoms experienced by sluggish digestion including; bloating, skin issues, tiredness, lack of enthusiasm, hot flushes, food cravings, bad wind, bad breath, headaches, constipation and IBS. Do you see any correlation between these symptoms and your menopause symptoms?
The good news is, I’ve also seen how great you can feel when you look after your digestive system.
Here is a list of easy to follow ways that will improve your digestion. Implementing just some of these will help you reap the rewards with better health, increased vitality and a smoother menopause.
21 ways to improve your gut health and reduce your menopause symptoms:
Discover wellness with essential oils.
How would you like to wake up with enthusiasm every day?
- How would you like to maintain your energy levels throughout the day?
- Do you wish you knew what lifestyle choices will give you more energy, health and joy for life?
- Are you ready to transform your health and vitality so you can do the things you love and enjoy?
- Would you like to know how to remove harmful chemicals from your kitchen and bathroom?
- Do you wish you knew how to support your children with strategies to reduce stress and overwhelm?
Join us for this unique opportunity to spend an afternoon fully immersed in all things healthy.
It is your chance to treat yourself. The goal of this wellness afternoon is simple — To learn how to listen to your body and reclaim your energy. You will leave with practical ways that will help you with more energy and healthy living.
Make time in your diary today and be prepared to leave looking and feeling like a different person.
The 2019 Dirty Dozen is here! Environmental Working Group (EWG) released the newest list of the conventionally grown fruits and veggies that contain the most pesticides in the US, and the UK have adopted these guidelines over the last few years. Even though our farming regulations might be slightly different, I think that this list is still a good guideline. I suggest choosing organic as often as possible, but if you’re on a budget or your selection is limited, The Dirty Dozen List will help you focus your attention on avoiding the most contaminated fruits and veggies.