Veggies for breakfast?
How to power through your day with this healthy breakfast recipe.
- 1-2 cups of greens (kale, broccoli, baby spinach, etc.), chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari
- 4 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp raw coconut oil
- 1-3 eggs
- Spices to your taste: salt, pepper, cayenne, curry, and rosemary
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup Sauerkraut – you can find this recipe on the blog
- ½ small tomato, thinly sliced
- Sauté greens and mushroom in a pan with garlic and extra virgin olive oil on low-medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, until greens begin to wilt. Season with a splash of tamari and top with sesame seeds. Remove and put on a plate.
- In the same pan as you used to cook the greens, add coconut oil and adjust heat to medium. Once coconut oil melts, add your eggs to the pan and cook them in whatever style you love. When they’re ready, sprinkle your spices on top. Place eggs next to your greens.
- Slice avocado and add sliced tomatoes on top. Plate it!
- Add your Sauerkraut to your plate. Enjoy with herbal tea or hot water with lemon.