How are you going with your September health goals?
I hosted a retreat day last Saturday. 10 ladies had fun juicing, fermenting, sprouting, eating delicious food, and learning about gut health and hormones.
The next retreat is scheduled for the 27th November in Wales.
After that I will be doing a mini series of talks in my kitchen here in Minchinhampton.
Keep up to date with announcements in the Thriving Gut health FB group here
At the end of the day, we all committed to doing three things to support our goals. Here is a summary of those new commitments.
This may seem like a simple list but if you did all of these, I guarantee you will feel less bloated. You will sleep better; have more energy and you will feel less stressed.
What can you add?
- Drink plenty of water?
- Take little breaks during the day?
- Deep breaths before your meal?
- Chew food well?
- Veggies for breakfast?
- Diversity of vegetables on the plate?
- Change shopping habits to include a bigger range of veg, herbs, seeds, fruit.
When you shop you are better off picking 2-3 of every type of veg rather than sticking with the basics you normally buy.
What can you add to your shopping list this week?
Buy at least:
- Four green fruit and vegetables.
- Two red fruit and vegetables.
- Two yellow fruit and vegetables.
- One orange fruit and vegetables.
- One Purple fruit and vegetables.
One spice and one herb you have never tried. Choose a variety. Choose one of every veg and fruit. Think about all the colours of the rainbow. This is great preparation for the recipes that follow. Add in two types of nuts, preferably organic or in the shell. Add a new cold pressed virgin oil you have never used before.
Here is a list of foods that will support your gut health and hormones:
- Fresh fish
- Organic soy -if tolerated (milk, tofu, edamame beans, miso,tempeh, natto)
- Grass fed Beef
- Extra virgin olive
- Extra virgin olive (up to 180° only)
- Goose/duck fat/lard
- Almond milk (unsweetened)
- Hazelnut milk (unsweetened)
- Cashew milk (unsweetened)
- Coconut milk (full fat)
- Oat, hemp, rice milks (unsweetened)
- Coconut oil (for butter)
- Coconut yoghurt
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Organic soy milk and yoghurt
Nuts & Seeds
- Pine nuts
- Nut butter (not peanut)
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseeds (or linseeds)
All fruits, including:
Avoid dried fruits, fruit juice and other fruit products. Look for sulphur free dried fruits.
Grains & Pulses
- Gluten free oats
- Rice (brown or wild)
- Chickpeas, beans, or lentils
- Hummus or other bean dips
- Gluten free pasta (brown rice, chickpea)
- Gluten free noodles (rice, soba/buckwheat, zero noodles)
It is easy to get stuck in habits of buying the same food.
What can you try this week?
In the 8-week gut healing hormone balancing program we cover this and so much more.
If you are struggling with your symptoms and want to get to the root cause – book a call here